The history of NAUMANN STAHL
- Company founded on 14.01.1960 by Artur Naumann under the name of Artur Naumann Stahl GmbH, in a private office on Tiergartenstraße in Düsseldorf.
- Company leases site at freight station in Düsseldorf-Oberkassel.
- Company becomes a public limited company
- Subsidiary company founded as limited liability company in Stuttgart
- Company purchases site on Willstätterstraße (formerly Schiessstraße)
- Company relocates from freight station site in Oberkassel to Willstätterstraße in December
- Death of company founder Artur Naumann.
- His daughter Haidi Salzmann takes over the company. Rather than selling it, she continues to run the business with the support of the employees.
1990 / 1991
- Indoor hall space expanded to 7200 m²
- The third generation (Jost Salzmann) joins the company and spends time working in all departments
- Jost Salzmann is appointed to the Board
- Opening of the sales office in Bilbao (Spain)
- Opening of the sales office in Kraków (Poland) on 01.04.2014
- Company decides to relocate from Düsseldorf to Neuss
- Michael Halm appointed as member of the Board (22.05.2015)
- Vote to appoint Haidi Salzmann as a lifelong honorary member of the Supervisory Board (17.08.2015)
- New site purchased from the City of Neuss (07.04.2017)
- Groundwork begins (09.06.2017)
- Groundbreaking ceremony (15.09.2017)
- Topping out ceremony (01.12.2017)
- First sheet delivered to Neuss (11.04.2018)
- First saw relocated (14.05.2018)
- Last sheet leaves Düsseldorf (19.06.2018), total of approx. 13,500 tonnes moved in 550 trucks
- Warehouse opens in Neuss (11.06.2018)
- Relocation of office (16.07.2018)
- First trade fair appearance at Blechexpo in Stuttgart, in partnership with the German Steel Trade Association (BDS)
- On 14.01.2020, our company celebrated its 60th anniversary